The conference fee will be £40 without conference dinner, or £70 with conference dinner; for non-salaried participants, £25 without conference dinner, and £55 with conference dinner. Registration is now open via the secure payment site ePay of the University of Edinburgh. Detailed instructions below.
The booking requires a credit or debit card. All participants in the conference need to book, and payment should be made before the conference.
Everyone needs to pay the ‘conference fee’ which covers tea/coffee during the coffee break and lunch. If you join us for the conference dinner, you need to pay the higher rate, i.e. the option registration and conference dinner. Booking is possible until the 31st of December 2017; no bookings are taken after that date.
Instructions about how to book:
- Have a credit or debit card handy (Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro or American Express), as well as the billing address for the credit card (this is the address that the card is registered to).
- Go to the ePay link given above.
- Click on the ‘book event’ button. This will take you to a page entitled ‘Login/Register’. If you’ve not used the University of Edinburgh’s electronic payment system before, you’ll need to register, so click where it says ‘If this is your first visit click here’.
- Enter your email address and then select a password.
- Enter ‘Your Details’ and ‘Your Address’. All the boxes that are marked with a red star need to be filled.
- You have to give your address a ‘name’ at some point in the process, like ‘home’ or ‘work’.
- Tick the box to give permission to use your contact details and then click on ‘Continue’.
- You will see the ‘Delegate Categories’ page. Select which option you require (Conference only versus Conference with dinner).
- You’ll next have to fill in some of your details on the ‘Delegate Details’ page. If you click on ‘Use my Customer Details’ you should get some/all of the boxes filled in.
- The next page is a ‘Questionnaire’, where you need to tell us your dietary requirements, any accessibility needs (like wheelchair access) and your institutional affiliation (please keep this short as it needs to fit on your badge!). You need to put something in the boxes on this page, even if it’s ‘none’.
- You’ll next come to the ‘Booking Summary’. You can go back and change your booking by clicking on the ‘Edit’ button, or you can cancel the booking by clicking on the ‘Cancel Booking’ button. If your booking is right so far, click on the ‘Add to Basket’ button.
- The page after the ‘Booking Summary’ is your ‘Shopping Basket’. If it all looks right, click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
- On the next screen you might need to select a billing address – that has to match with the address registered for the credit card that you’ll be using to pay with. You may need to ‘select’ the Billing Address that you’ve already entered. If it’s not right, change it by clicking on ‘Edit’. Once this is right, you’ll need to enter the details of the card that you’ll be using to pay and click on ‘Continue’
- One more screen to go – you need to click on ‘Pay Now’ here.
- The final screen is a Thank you screen which gives you the option to print a summary of the booking out.
- The system will also send you a receipt by email.
If you are not able to book using the electronic booking system for any reason, please get in touch: B.Los@ed.ac.uk.